Monday, March 29, 2010

Smiling to myself. . .

In light of the fact that I am not allowed to run for the next few weeks, I took the opportunity to get out on my bike while the sun was shining. I did the entire 8 miles with a smile on my face. A smile that reflected how I felt being free. Spring brings such a renewal. All of the obvious renewals, the grass, the flowers, the buds on the trees, baby animals, etc. Spring is almost like a new year to me. A new beginning. I peel out of the cocoon of winter, wipe the dust off of my Cannondale, saddle up, clip in and just ride. Just ride. The cobwebs of the day falling behind. No more winter mojo. And I smile. To myself. Smile about nothing and smile about everything. God is good to bring Spring. God is good. And I smile.

2 comments:

  1. What happened? Why can't you run on with your bad self you fabulous woman in motion you? So, what's the story with "Tillie?" Do tell!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two words, Jenn. Stress fracture! One of these days I'm going to realize that I can't push myself like i used to. well, i actually, have never really pushed myself like i do now. anyway, going to the ortho next week. hopefully, he'll have the answers. but, fyi, tillie and i will be in iowa at the end of july!! do we come close to your town this year?

    ReplyDelete